Empower girls to change the world through technology.
The resources available on this page will help you support Technovation Girls teams to complete the program, submit their project, and develop new skills.
Click the category on the left side to get to a list of helpful materials
Check out our pre-season checklist for a detailed list of things to do to get ready for a successful season.
- Complete your mentor profile
- Check out mentor frequently asked questions (FAQ) & this mentor resource page
- Understand the program and timeline
- Find a team
- Connect with other mentors - join our Volunteer Slack workspace (details in the mentor training) and use our Slack Guide to learn more
- Once you find a team, email the team members.
- Review the student and mentor curriculum, to start preparing for your first team meeting
Our 4 month program recommends 40+ hours to complete. We know this is a large commitment.
It is up to you to determine how much time you can commit to. Simply make sure to set this expectation with your team from the beginning.
More getting started resources:
Mentor Curriculum - Each week of the student curriculum has a companion guide for mentors to help you feel more confident and prepared to support your team.
Submission Guidelines - Review these guidelines at the beginning, middle, and end of your project to make sure you are on track and ready to submit everything in April. Good luck!
Key Dates - Use these dates to help you create a schedule with the team from the start of the season to submission time!
Mentor Flyer - Share this with colleagues or friends who would make great mentors or co-mentors for your team!
Advice for Mentors - First-time mentor? Read our blog on how to be a better mentor for girls in tech!
Safety and FAQs
Keep student safety top-of-mind:
- Mentors should never be alone with only one student nor message a student privately via social media or texting.
- A teacher or guardian must accompany the team on field-trips or workshops along with the mentor.
Please review the following items to ensure the safety of yourself and students.