We challenge you to solve a problem in your
community – are you up for it?
Technovation problem solvers will change the world.
Young people are curious, creative, and determined. Technovation Girls gives them the courage and tools to explore their ideas.
Students will learn to build a mobile app, how to market it, and can submit it to our global competition.
You can amplify their voices
Volunteer your time to support students' learning. Join our network and help change lives through education.
Mentors guide teams' learning journeys, Ambassadors build learning communities, and Judges provide feedback to help teams continue learning.
Find the role that is the best fit for you.
Choose your role to learn more
As a Technovation Girl, your team will...
- Identify a problem in your community (see some examples)
- Learn to code and create an app to solve that problem with support from your mentor – you don't need to know how to code to participate!
- If you are between the ages of 10 and 18 by August 1, 2020, you can submit your idea to our global competition
Any girl or young woman (ages 10-18) interested in Technovation Girls is eligible to participate.
We welcome all transgender people and also those who identify as non-binary or gender nonconforming and want to be part of a female-identified environment, including student participants.
As a Technovation Girls Mentor, you will
- Recruit and supervise teams of girls as they create apps to solve community problems
- Volunteer 50 hours over 6 months to support your teams
- Coordinate meeting times with your teams
You do not need to be a technology professional, but you should be comfortable saying "I don't know, let's find out together."
If you aren't able to make this time commitment, consider becoming a judge.
As a Regional Ambassador you will...
- Help Technovation Girls grow! Regional Ambassadors dedicate 40+ hours a month to build the Technovation Girls community in their area
- Recruit girls and mentors
- Organize events to help participants complete their projects
We find that successful Regional Ambassadors have volunteered as a Technovation Girls mentor, or have program management experience.
We are actively recruiting in the following countries: Argentina, Canada, Colombia, Europe, Hong Kong, India, Mexico, Singapore, the United States, and South Africa.
Learn more about being a Regional Ambassador.
As a Technovation Girls Judge, you will...
- Commit 5 hours to reviewing submissions, helping to select 10 finalist teams who will pitch their ideas at our global event
- Complete a 30 minute training and learn what problems girls around the world care deeply about
- Provide feedback to help girls continue learning
As a Technovation Girls parent, you will...
Support your daughter and her teammates! You can provide additional encouragement and help – for instance, you can provide a safe space for your daughter and her team to work, connect teams with experts from your professional network, and be an open ear to help them talk through challenges they're encountering.
Sign up for our newsletter for suggestions and tips
Ready to change the world? Use these tools!
Learn who can participate in Technovation Girls
Find answers to the most common questions
Our suggested plan for submitting on time
Review the rubric judges will use to score your submission
Key Dates for 2020 Season
Registration Opens: mid-October 2019
Official Season Launch: January 14, 2020
We recommend starting in January to have a full 12 weeks to work on your project
Registration Deadline: March 16, 2020
The last day to formally register a team. We recommend starting to work on your project in January.
Submission Deadline: April 20, 2020 at 19:00 UTC
World Summit: August 2020
Connect with your community
Find your local Regional and Student Ambassadors and get in touch!