Join the movement.
We're girls, mentors, and educators working together to create real solutions to problems in our communities—now, not later.
We're using technology entrepreneurship to shape a better world—and to become community leaders.
Are you ready to join us?
Technovation Girls students create solutions to community problems using technology.
As a student you will:
- Identify a problem that matters to your community
- Build a mobile app or AI prototype that solves the problem, and develop other skills along the way!
- Collaborate with peers and learn from industry mentors
Technovation Girls mentors guide the next generation of global problem-solvers.
As a mentor you will:
- Support one or more teams as they learn about coding, AI, and real-world problem-solving
- Develop skills while inspiring girls to lead and make change
- Network and share best practices with peers from Salesforce, Google, Cisco, Adobe, HSBC, GM, AT&T, & more
Give girls around the world feedback on their tech projects
As a Technovation Girls Judge, you will...
- Commit 3 hours to reviewing submissions, helping to select 10 finalist teams who will pitch their ideas at our global event
- Complete a 30 minute training and learn what problems girls around the world care deeply about
- Provide feedback to help girls continue learning
Registration to become a Judge for the 2023-2024 season will open in April 2024. Judging itself will take place between May and June.
Ambassadors run Technovation Girls in their local communities and support girls to tap into their potential as leaders and technology entrepreneurs.
There are a few different kind of Ambassador opportunities—we'll help you find the one that fits your experience, needs, and time availability. All Ambassador opportunities require an application process.
- Chapter Ambassadors Chapter Ambassadors support 10+ teams at multiple sites in their community and are the main leaders at organizations who host events and regular meetings, and recruit girls and mentors and support them to complete the program. This is a 5 to 15-hour a week commitment
- Club Ambassadors support at least 5 teams, often at one site (like a school or after school program), recruit girls, and support them to complete the program. This is a 5-hour a week commitment.
- Student Ambassadors recruit girls through online or in-person events, help them get started, and keep them motivated to complete the program. This opportunity is only available to Technovation Girls Alumnae who have completed at least one season of the program and are 13-20 years of age.
Support and encourage your daughter on her technology entrepreneurship journey
As a Technovation Girls parent, you will...
- Support your daughter and her teammates!
- Provide additional encouragement and help—like a safe space for your daughter and her team to work, connect teams with experts from your professional network, or help talk through challenges they're encountering.
If you have the time and interest, you can create a mentor account and become an official mentor for your daughter's team.
Technovation Girls doesn't have to end when you click "submit"!
Stay involved with Technovation at the level that makes sense for you!
- Participate again—keep improving your project or start a new one!
- Sign up for the Alumnae newsletter to hear about opportunities and scholarships
- Join the LinkedIn Group to connect with other passionate young women and build your network
- Sign up for speaking and storytelling opportunities with Technovation
Learn who can participate in Technovation Girls
Find answers to the most common questions
Our suggested calendar to help you stay on track and submit on time
Review the rubric judges will use to score your submission
Any girl or young woman (ages 8-18) interested in Technovation Girls is eligible to participate.
female-identifying participants, all transgender participants, and those who identify as non-binary or gender non-conforming and want to be part of a female-identified environment. This means that if someone is assigned male at birth AND identifies as male, they cannot participate in the competition. Read our full Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion Statement.
Key Dates for 2023-2024 Season
Registration Opens: October 11, 2023
12 weeks to submission: January 31, 2024
This is the latest we recommend starting the program
Registration Deadline (Students and Mentors): March 13, 2024 at 23:59 UTC.
The last day to formally register a team.
Please note: we recommend starting your project in January, not March.
Submission Deadline: April 24, 2024 at 23:59 UTC (4:59pm PDT—convert to your timezone with a tool like this one)
Judging: May - June 2024
Virtual Celebration and Finalists & Regional Winners Announcement: July 9
World Summit: To be announced in 2024
Connect with your community
Technovation Girls is a global program. Girls and mentors can connect with Technovation Girls locally through Chapters and Clubs. Chapters and Clubs provide a way for students to meet and work together as they complete the program. It is not mandatory to connect with your local Chapter or Club to participate.
- Chapters support 7+ teams across multiple sites (like schools, or community centers), and are managed by Chapter Ambassadors.
- Clubs support between 2-5 teams and are managed by Club Ambassadors.
- Student Clubs are led by approved Technovation Alumnae ages 13-17, and can vary in size.
You can find your local Chapter or Club below, with information about your local leader. If you have questions, get in touch.
Join Technovation Girls
Learn about coding, AI, business, and teamwork as a student, or support a team of girls as they embark on their learning journeys as a mentor.