Judging and Results Selection Process
This graphic explains the judging process for Technovation Girls that all teams experience.
Teams can be judged online or in-person at Regional Pitch Events for the first round of judging, but semifinalists are all judged online.
Keep scrolling for more information about specific awards and prizes
Judges will select 15 finalist teams from around the world.
All finalist teams are invited to pitch live online during Technovation's World Summit.
Finalist teams will receive a $500/person educational stipend (unrestricted, to be used to further the individual’s learning at their own discretion).
At our global World Summit event, judges will select 3 Grand Prize Winners for Technovation Girls—one from each division.
- Each member of a Grand Prize winning team will receive a $750/person educational stipend (unrestricted, to be used to further the individual’s learning at their own discretion).
Note: This takes the place of the $500/person stipend to finalist teams. So, the 3 Grand Prize Winner teams will receive $750/person stipends, and the remaining 12 Finalist teams will receive $500/person stipends.
Additionally, Technology and Social Impact special recognition will be given to teams in each division. There is no additional monetary prize for these awards.
One finalist or regional winner team will be selected for the People’s Choice award. There is no additional monetary prize for the People's Choice award.
In 2022, we will select 15 Regional Winners for Technovation Girls.
There will be Senior, Junior, and Beginner Division Winners for each of these 5 regions: Africa, Asia & Oceania, Europe, North America, and Latin America.
For the 2022 season, Technovation will give two additional special prizes.
The Climate Prize will recognize a team tackling Climate Change and a second special prize will be awarded at World Summit!
All teams who submit will be eligible to receive these prizes — teams do not need to be Regional Winners or Finalists to qualify.
With help from generous Technovation supporters each prize will also include a cash prize.
Technovation will award $500 per student team member to the winners of the Climate Prize.
The award will go to a team whose project meets the following criteria:
- Their project clearly addresses a specific local issue related to climate change. The prize is meant to award teams thinking realistically and practically about climate change's effects on their immediate community.
- Their project makes a clear argument for driving actual behavior change. The judges will be looking for apps that help users make informed decisions and take concrete actions to mitigate climate change, and apps that go beyond simply raising awareness.
Technovation will award a cash prize to the winners of a second Special Prize.
We will announce the winners of this special prize at World Summit!
Alumna Changemaker Award
The Alumna Changemaker Award will be presented to an alumna (18+ years of age) who has who has worked to solve an environmental problem in their community this year.
- The first-place winner will receive a $3,000 scholarship.
- The second-place winner will receive a $2,000 scholarship
Applications are currently closed—stay tuned for information about when the application will open.