Make sure you have everything ready to submit your app to Technovation!
Senior Division Submission Guidelines
These guidelines provide instruction and tips to make sure you have everything ready when it's time to submit your app.
Follow these instructions carefully to make sure your work is presented at its best!
Once all deliverables are finalized, they will be submitted on my.technovationchallenge.org
Note: Deliverables are different for Junior and Senior Divisions. Make sure you follow the correct set of guidelines for your division.
By submitting, you agree to the Submission Integrity Clause:
This submission and all deliverables included were created solely by the students on this team.
Team Photo or other photo that represents your team (with mentor and teacher included, if possible).
Completion of post-program survey. (Each team member should complete this. A link will be available on your my.technovationchallenge.org dashboard upon login).
Overall Impression Category (25 points)
Make sure your business plan is feasible and that your business could succeed.
Make each component of the team submission well thought out and put together cohesively.
Address the problem you are solving in an original way.
Find ways to make your app solution stand out from other teams
Technical (20 points)
Share your app source code.
- If developed in App Inventor, here are instructions on how to export an.aia file (not .apk).
- Share your code by:
100-word app description
2-5 screenshots of your app to help judges understand how it works.
Complete the Technical Checklist.
- Include a sentence or screenshot to explain each item
- Upload a picture of your paper prototype and one event flow chart discussed in Coding Unit 5
Demo Video (2 minutes or less)
- Clearly demonstrate the functionality of your app
- Highlight the unique features of your app
- Focus on the user interface
- The video must be uploaded to YouTube or Vimeo, and the link must be shared through the Technovation submission platform
Ideation (15 points)
Clearly demonstrate how your app idea aligns with at least one of the 6 Technovation themes of the UN Sustainable Development Goals (peace, equality, poverty, environment, education, or health)
Explain and provide evidence through facts and statistics of the problem you are addressing.
Make sure your app effectively addresses the problem you outlined.
Pitch (20 points)
Pitch video (4 minutes or less)
- All members of the team must speak.
- The video can be any format the team wants. Possible formats include: Skits, Slide Presentations, and Testimonials from users.
- The video must be uploaded to YouTube or Vimeo, and the link must be shared through the Technovation submission platform.
Pitch presentation deck (Regional Pitches ONLY; contact your mentor for more details) You can
Entrepreneurship (20 points)
This portion must be submitted in PDF format, with the following components. Please reference this checklist for further instruction.
Title page (1 page)
- Team name (or business name)
- Team member names
- Product (mobile app) name
Table of contents (1 page)
Products and/or service description
Marketing Plan (Strategy & Implementation)
Financial plan & projections
Key Dates for 2018 Season
Registration Opens: October 18, 2017
Official Season Launch: January 10, 2018
Registration Deadline: March 7, 2018
Submission Deadline: April 25, 2018
Are you ready to take the Technovation World Challenge?